Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gentle Giants

A few years ago we were able to go to the San Diego Zoo. As a homeschooler, this was one field trip that I had only hoped that we could get to see. Visiting the gorillas left a lasting impression on me. It was spring time and the mom's had just had their babies. I stood in amazement and watched these gentle giants with their babies. Their hands and feet were enormous compared to their babies, but they held them so tenderly. Tending to them, soothing them. It warmed my heart to see the nurturer come forth from the mom to take care of their babies.


Chuck wanted to hurry me along, normally it is the other way around; I see it, and then move on. But the troop captivated me. Seeing how all the moms were together talking amongst themselves. Even one mom was showing a struggling mom how she placed her baby on her back.

Even here, every mom needs some time to herself and her baby! Quiet time to rock, cuddle, and love on your little one!

This is just a few that I took that day.

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

The slide show was so cool that I signed up for the program.

I think we can learn a lot from these gentle giants about how to treat our children and the women around us.

We can write a new post, "All I Learned About Parenting, I Learned From Gorilla's."