Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Contemplation of the backside


As a photographer, I love to look for the unusual in things. My curiosity has grown since becoming an avid photographer, or at least it has come out of the closet.

I am sure many of you know that this is the back side of a sunflower. We all love sunflowers; the yellow petals and dark centers. I was captured by the brilliant green petals and little hairs. They say there is more to a me than meets the eye. Yet, how many of us look at the back side of anything? Especially if we are going through a difficult time. Not to mention the things we miss by not seeing the whole picture. Changing our perspective can give deeper insight into our lives. On that day, it was just looking at the back of the flower instead of the front.

I hope that this week as you approach all that life throws at you, maybe seeing the backside will help.

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Job 12: 7-8

4 comments:

ragamuffin diva said...

Lovely photograph and post. What a gift of seeing God has given you. Thanks for sharing this.

Jan Parrish said...

This takes my breath away. You are truly gifted as a prophetic photographer.

Katie said...

I love reading your blogs! I always hear just what I need at the moment. Thanks for your wonderful words!!

Megan DiMaria said...

How cool, Tonya. But, LOL I didn't recognize the backside of the sunflower.

A prisoner of hope,
Megan